Pre Op Instructions
- No aspirin or aspirin containing products for 1 week prior to surgery.
- No smoking 2 weeks prior to and 2 weeks after surgery.
- If your surgery is at North Florida Regional Medical Center, do not eat or drink after midnight.
- If your surgery is at the Surgery Center, do not eat or drink after midnight with the exception of clear liquids. You can have clear liquids up to 2 hours prior to surgery.
Post Op Instructions
- Shower at least once daily. Wash gently with soap and water. Pat dry.
- Keep incisions clean and dry. Wash your hands before changing dressings.
- Eat a protein rich diet. Protein helps you heal. Examples include meat, Greek yogurt, cheese, etc.
- If you have drains, empty each once daily and record the output. Make sure the drain bulb is compressed to ensure that suction is working.